ABAARM Oral Exam Information
Oral Exam Key Topics May Include:
- Appropriate charting and record keeping (data necessary for patient’s medical record)
- Biomarkers of aging and tests expected to be done in order to assess the aging process and effectiveness of treatment- normal values, pathophysiology of normal diseases of aging
- Discussion of hormones, growth hormone therapy and treatment protocols, growth hormones secretagogues, DHEA, thyroid, testosterone, estrogen, and melatonin as medically relevant
- Review of the most commonly prescribed therapies and medications
- Discussion of nutritional supplementation, diet, exercise, and other nonpharmacological treatment options
- Discussion of appropriate pharmacological intervention options and potential side effects of such medications
**The primary purpose of the Oral Examination is to judge fluency and clinical judgement in the application of anti-aging diagnostics and therapeutics.
**The Oral Exam seeks to ascertain the physician’s capacity to thoroughly assess a patient’s medical needs and provide judicious guidance and therapy.