Dr. Neal Barnard is the president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and the author of many books on nutrition, including his latest, Your Body in Balance: The New Science of Food, Hormones, and Health. Dr. Barnard’s research, funded by the National Institutes of Health, paved the way for viewing type 2 diabetes as a potentially reversible condition for many people. In his latest study, his research team found a way to knock out menopausal hot flashes for many women, using just a simple diet change.
He leads programs advocating for preventive medicine, good nutrition, and higher ethical standards in research. His research contributed to the acceptance of plant-based diets in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Education and Training
• Residency, George Washington University School of Medicine
• Medical Degree, George Washington University School of Medicine
• President, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
• Author, Your Body in Balance: The New Science of Food, Hormones, and Health
• Adjunct Professor of Medicine, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
• ounder, Barnard Medical Center, Washington, DC, 2016
• Fellow, American College of Cardiology, 2015
Don't miss out on more Redefining Medicine podcast - Subscribe today and say hello to us on social media! Email us at [email protected]
The views and opinions expressed on this program are those of the persons appearing on the program and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine A4M/MMI™