Skin Cancer Medicine Certification
Expand Your Career Path in Skin Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
The Certificate in Primary Care Skin Cancer Medicine is the premier skin cancer training program in the world! This two-day, CME-accredited workshop is structured to optimize your education in skin cancer medicine and enable you to successfully meet existing and future marketplace challenges. With a consistent course satisfaction rating of over 91% since its creation in 2006, the course continues to exceed delegate expectations.
Learn more on Skin Cancer and growing your practice with this infographic
What attendees have said about the course?
"After taking Healthcert's skin cancer courses I was immediately able to incorporate a skin cancer screening program in my general family practice even after the introductory course. My knowledge in terms of ability to correctly screen for worrisome and non-worrisome lesions was greatly increased through use of the 3 point check list and purchase of a dermatoscope. I also choose to utilize a digital camera and upload images into the EMR. I have found that insurance companies will reimburse well for screening exams and by increasing the number of biopsies/excisions and cyrotherapy my billings increased substantially. The cost of the course and equipment was quickly recovered. Patients were quite pleased with having this service available to them with their family practitioner and have become regular follow up patients, coming yearly for check ups. I would highly recommend this course for any family practitioner."
Dr. J. Johnston MD. Phoenix, AZ
Certificate Course Format
The certificate course is designed to meet the needs of busy medical practitioners by providing a flexible program of which many of its requirements are conducted in your own time.
- Online predisposing activities (completed in your own time any time prior to the workshop component)
- A two-day practical workshop with hands-on training
- All PowerPoint slides presented and reference materials
- Online training in Dermoscopy (100 image quiz using the 3 point checklist)
- Online assessment to be completed in your own time within three months of attending the workshop segment of the course
Diagnose Skin Cancer:
- Learn how to conduct a unique and methodical full head to toe examination
- Differentiate between benign and suspicious lesions
- Perform various types of biopsies
- Bill appropriately and optimally for these services
Treat Skin Cancer:
- Learn basic procedural skills to confidentially and easily excise skin cancers you identify
- Preparation for more advanced skin cancer excisions
- Latest in non surgical techniques including Cryotherapy
The Business of Skin Cancer
- Workflow management & efficiency in your primary care office
- Proper coding / billing protocols for your state
- Patient awareness and communication materials
Download Certificate in Advanced Dermoscopy Brochure
"Excellent introductory course for MDs. Extraordinarily excellent value for a medical CME course - I highly recommend this course."
Gaylee McCraken, MD, Pepper Pike, OH
"Great basis of knowledge for anyone who doesn't feel comfortable diagnosing skin cancers."
Nancy Winter, NP, Lewes, DE
"The course was explained well by the presenters, it made the topic accessible and less intimidating. I feel excited to get started."
Janis Freeman, NP, Johnstown, NY