MODULE XVI (C) – DESCRIPTION
Immunologic vascular disease is reviewed in depth, including pathophysiology, clinical presentation, prevention and treatment. Factors that impact cardiovascular disease, such as nutragenomics, anxiety and hormonal balance, are explored, as well as methods of testing. The module also discusses nutritional and dietary therapies for prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
MODULE XVI (C) - OBJECTIVES
- Review and learn the proper use of nutrition in the prevention and management of cardiovascular disease, coronary heart disease, stroke, hypertension, dyslipidemia and diabetes mellitus.
- Understand and apply new concepts in the prevention and treatment of obesity and the role of inflammation and adipokines in cardiovascular disease.
- Review, learn and clinically apply Bio-identical Hormone Replacement in Men and Women for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, Myocardial Infarction and CHD risk factors.
- Learn and review and apply the use of thyroid hormone replacement in the prevention and treatment of CVD.
- Learn and apply Cardiovascular genetics, nutrigenomics and epigenetics to the prevention and treatment of Cardiovascular Disease.
- Discuss, review, learn and apply the use of aerobic and resistance exercise in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease, hypertension, dyslipidemia and diabetes mellitus.
- Discuss, review, learn and apply the use of nutrition and nutritional supplements in an exercise program
- Review and discuss and apply new concepts in diagnosis, pathophysiology, prevention and treatment of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus with nutrition, nutritional supplements, lifestyle modifications and drugs.
- Understand, review and apply concepts in immune dysfunction in cardiovascular disease.