The Aesthetic Fellowship will enable you to learn the theory of aesthetic health and receive individualized hands-on training in these procedures.
The Aesthetic Anti-Aging Fellowship is open to individuals with degrees:
Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Doctor of Osteopathic
Bachelor of Medicine / Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
On-going Feedback from
To sign-up, or for additional questions, please contact our Fellowship Office.
Call Us Toll FREE
|Nov. 8-9, 2013||South Florida||Stem Cell Practical|
Upon Completion of this module the participant will:
- Understand basic cell theory and concepts regarding stem cells. This includes cell structure and function, stem cell biology, embryonic stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells, bone marrow-derived adult stem cells,hemopoietic stem cells, endothelial stem cells, mesenchymal stem cells, adipose-derived mesenchymal cells, and platelet rich plasma.
- Demonstrate competence in knowledge of peripheral blood stem cell harvesting and bone marrow harvesting techniques. This includes proper patient selection, proper administration of anesthesia and pre and post-operative care.
- Participate in an interactive session with experts of "best practice" techniques in peripheral blood, bone marrow,adipose and platelet rich plasma harvesting techniques.
- Discuss fundamentals of cell processing , preparation, cryopreservation and storage techniques. Become proficient in donor evaluation for harvesting stem cells. This also includes platelet rich plasma from whole blood. All necessary forms and protocols for procedural documentation, quality assurance, compliance, and necessary equipment will be reviewed.
- Become familiar with cell enriched processing and isolation techniques.
- Become familiar with harvesting of stem cells as evidenced by cell viability and endotoxin and other quality assurance measures.
- Learn regulatory and good manufacturing practice (GMP) guidelines and their importance in cell applications, processing and isolation.
- Analyze legal and ethical concerns regarding autologous stem cell procedures and treatments.
- Following the completion of this module, a preceptor will work with the physician in order to ensure proper support, procedural guidance, and evaluation.
|7:30am||Introduction - Review of Basic Stem Cell Biology, Use of Stem Cells for Clinical Applications||
Dipnarine Maharaj, MD
Louis Pelus, PhD
|8:30am||Donor Evaluation for Stem Cell Collection||Dipnarine Maharaj, MD|
|10:00am||Mobilization of Stem Cells for Collection||Louis Pelus, PhD|
|11:00am||Clinical Applications of Stem Cells||Arshed Quyyumi, MD|
|12:00pm||LUNCH (On Your Own)|
|1:30pm||Processing,Cryopreservation and Storage of Stem Cells||Louis Pelus, PhD|
|2:30pm||Regulatory Aspects of Stem Cell Collection 1||Ian Copeland, PhD|
|4:00pm||Regulatory Aspects of Stem Cell Collection I1 ,||Ian Copeland, PhD|
|5:00pm||Clinical Study Design for Stem cell Procedures 11||Arshed Quyyumi, MD|
|6:00pm||CLOSE OF SESSION|
Saturday, November 9, 2013
|7:00am||Introduction to Practical Procedures||Joseph Purita, MD|
|7:15am||Marrow Harvesting||Joseph Purita, MD|
|8:00am||Cord Blood Collection||Dipnarine Maharaj, MD|
|9:30am||Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Collection 1||Dipnarine Maharaj, MD|
|10:30am||Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Collection 2||Joseph Purita, MD|
|11:30am||LUNCH (On your own)|
|1:00pm||Adipose Stem Cell Collection||Joseph Purita, MD|
|2:00pm||Mesenchymal Stem Cell Collection||Louis Pelus, PhD|
|3:30pm||Placental Stem Cell Collection||Dipnarine Maharaj, MD|
|4:30pm||PRP Collection||Joseph Purita, MD|
|5:30pm||CLOSE OF SESSION|
Aesthetic Anti-Aging Fellowship Info
More A4M Testimonials