The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, Inc. ("A4M") is a non-profit medical society dedicated to the advancement of technology to detect, prevent, and treat aging related disease and to promote research into methods to optimize the human aging process. A4M is also dedicated to educating physicians, scientists, and members of the public on anti-aging issues.
The disabilities caused by the human aging process are caused by physiological dysfunctions which in most cases are ameliorable to medical treatment, such that the human life span can be increased, and the quality of one's life improved as one grows chronologically older.
A4M intends to spread awareness about innovative science and research, as well as treatment modalities designed to prolong the human life span.
The core of anti-aging medicine is based on scientific principles of comprehensive medical care encompassing those of many other specialties within healthcare.
Objectives & Core Activities
- Outreach, education, and advocacy for anti-aging medicine in the government as well as in the public arenas
- Assist in developing therapeutic protocols and innovative diagnostic tools to aid physicians and health practitioners in the implementation of effective longevity treatments
- Act as an information center for valid and effective anti-aging medical protocols
- Assist in obtaining and disseminating funding for innovative scientific research in anti-aging medicine
- Assist in the funding and promotion of critical, clinically-based anti-aging research
- Provide life-extending information about the multiple benefits of anti-aging therapeutics to practicing physicians and health practitioners
- Support the licensures and liberties of medical professionals to treat and prescribe life-saving medical therapies
- Provide continuing medical education (CME) and training to over 65,000 physicians and health practitioners at multiple LIVE conferences in the United States and venues worldwide; as well as online CME education in the anti-aging, functional, metabolic and regenerative medical sciences
* Although A4M seeks to provide education covering many types of medical treatments, it does not promote or endorse any specific treatment nor does it sell or endorse any commercial product.